Launch includes creation of Gratitude Fund to help restaurateurs,
PLANO, Texas — With restaurant traffic facing challenging times, Lay’s Potato Chips is upping its flavor game by recreating the taste of five iconic restaurant dishes in potato-chip form.
Beginning July 27, Lay’s launched its new Flavor Icons at retailers nationwide. The company developed the new chips to emulate dishes from restaurants from across the country. These include, available while supplies last:
- Lay’s Kettle Cooked New York Style Pizza, inspired by Grimaldi’s Pizzeria in New York City (8-ounce bag $3.49; 2.5-ounce bag $1.89).
- Lay’s Nashville Hot Chicken, inspired by Party Fowl in Nashville, Tenn. (7.75-ounce bag $3.79; 2.625-ounce bag $1.89).
- Lay’s Philly Cheesesteak, inspired by Geno’s Steaks in Philadelphia (7.75-ounce bag $3.79; 2.625-ounce bag $1.89).
- Lay’s Wavy Carnitas Street Taco, inspired by El Torito in Los Angeles (7.5-ounce bag $3.79; 2.625-ounce bag $1.89).
- Lay’s Chile Relleno, inspired by Cocina Azul in Albuquerque, N.M. (7.75-ounce bag $3.79; 2.625-ounce bag $1.89).
“These restaurants and their iconic dishes have brought so many smiles to Americans’ faces through the years, and whether that flavor takes you to your favorite neighborhood spot or a far-away road trip destination, Lay’s is proud to join you on that journey this summer when we’re all yearning for a little more adventure,” said Sadira Furlow, Frito-Lay vice president of marketing.
As part of the launch of these limited-time chips and to acknowledge the economic impact of COVID-19, Lay’s has enacted a $25,000 Gratitude Fund for each restaurant as a thank you for their inspiration in the kitchen and ongoing support of their local communities.
“And the restaurants themselves are so ingrained in their communities that when you order a pizza or some street tacos, they’re really serving you a side of hope and joy,” Furlow said. “The Lay’s Gratitude Fund is our simple thank you to these restaurants’ owners and workers for their resilience and agility in navigating this uncharted territory.”
Consumers can benefit, too. When they buy specially marked bags of Lay’s chips, they’re encouraged to visit www.LaysFlavorIcons.com and enter the code from any marked bag now through Sept. 10 for a chance to win $1,000.
Lay’s is one of the brands that makes up Frito-Lay North America, the $17 billion convenient foods division of PepsiCo Inc., Purchase, N.Y.
Get today’s need-to-know convenience industry intelligence. Sign up to receive texts from CSP on news and insights that matter to your brand.
,Launch includes creation of Gratitude Fund to help restaurateurs,Read More