New feature and other in-store initiatives adhere to social distancing guidelines,
ATLANTA — RaceTrac has introduced a new online ordering platform. The new feature allows customers to select and order items from a RaceTrac location closest to them and pick them up within 30 minutes from a “Grab and Go Box” pass-through window. All online order transactions will allow customers to abide by social distancing guidelines.
- With more than 5550 convenience stores, Atlanta-based RaceTrac is No. 15 on the Top 40 update to CSP’s 2019 Top 202 ranking of U.S. c-store chains by number of retail outlets. The chain’s sister brand RaceWay is No. 31. CSP will release the complete 2020 list in June.
Orders can be placed 24 hours a day, seven days a week (except while the store is closed for cleaning).
Online ordering is the latest rollout from the company in addition to various other actions it has taken during the COVID-19 crisis. Through the online ordering platform, customers will be able to:
- Order directly from the RaceTrac website for pickup at a nearby store location.
- Select “Whatever Gets You Going” from a menu of available food, drink, alcohol and tobacco items.
- Edit quantities in the checkout cart.
- Pick up orders from selected stores within 30 minutes using the “Grab and Go Box.” Customers say the name on the order, pay at the pass-through window and receive the order.
Other actions RaceTrac has taken in response to COVID-19:
- Free coffee or fountain drinks through April 30 for all essential workers with valid ID or uniform (limit one per day). This includes essential workers such as healthcare workers, grocery store workers, truckers, bankers and more.
- The Grab and Go Box pass-through window is operational at all hours as an alternative shopping option for guests who do not wish to come inside but would still like to purchase items.
- It is installing sneeze guards at the registers of all locations.
- It has given a $3-per-hour pay increase for hourly store team members.
- It has given $150 in extra weekly pay for general managers at the store level through April 2020.
- It has instituted a temporary COVID-19 leave policy allowing team members who test positive or who are required to quarantine due to the illness with an inability to work remotely to receive up to two weeks of pay.
Get today’s need-to-know convenience industry intelligence. Sign up to receive texts from CSP on news and insights that matter to your brand.
,New feature and other in-store initiatives adhere to social distancing guidelines,Read More